Friday, January 27, 2017

What I Learned From Other Film Intros

     Intros could possibly be considered the most crucial part to any film. While examining just the introductions of films yesterday, I began to fully understand how much of the story is revealed within just the beginning. The start is where a lot of background is displayed so that the audience isn't entirely confused while watching the rest of the film. Most of the intros I watched were from movies that I have never seen before yet I could tell where the story was headed just from watching 2-4 minutes. It also has to be an extremely eye catching part so that the film automatically captures the viewers' attention or else they might leave or turn off the rest of the film because of no starting appeal. Within all the intros I watched, they started off with a company name then begin with the credits displayed over the film. They normally began with the main actors and then transitioned into directors/editors. They probably did this to grab the audience's attention because they are most likely going to know the actors more than they are going to know the directors/editors. Now I have a better understanding of how I should sprinkle my credits within the intro of my film, "The Run".

     "Shawshank Redemption" was one the intros that related to our movie plot the most. It started out in the court, and the man was being accused of murdering his wife and her lover. "The Run" starts out in solitary confinement, and the police officer is asking the prisoner if he knows why he is there. In "Shawshank Redemption" the plot goes back and forth from current to past in order to slowly reveal specific information to the audience and make it suspenseful, similar to "The Run".  After viewing how similar these intros are, I feel better about the choice my partner and I made on deciding how to play the introduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment