Thursday, March 23, 2017

CCR Question #4

How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware and online - in this project?


     First, my partner and I used laptops to research films to see what kind of film we were interested in doing. Both my partner and I always enjoyed the suspenseful ones so we decided to do a suspenseful film ourselves. We continued to do research on suspenseful film intros until we felt steady enough to begin coming up with our own idea for our film. After we decided to do "The Run", we used social media sites, such as Facebook and Instagram, to contact people who would perhaps be interested in playing as the main actor, the prisoner. As soon as Hunter Day committed to being the prisoner for us, we used other websites such as Amazon and eBay to purchase our costumes.
     Once the costumes arrived, my partner, Cameron, and I used my Nikon D5300 camera to videograph the whole intro of "The Run". The built-in microphone didn't have the greatest quality so we used an additional stereo microphone to have better quality audio. To get the murder scene to be as if it was from the prisoner's point of view, we used a GoPro. This camera also did not have good quality audio, but that wasn't a huge concern for this part of the intro since there is a ringing noise throughout the scene. The bad audio actually adds to the scene as if the prisoner is so focused on what he is doing that he hears things in a muffled way.
     Continuously throughout working on the film, we had to make sure that we were updating our blogs with new information quite often. Never before had I used a blog, and I didn't even think that blogs still existed. The more I have used blogger, the more I begin to enjoy blogging. I'm fascinated with creating custom layouts and backgrounds to go along with my post that make my blog more personalized.
     The one piece of technology that my partner and I integrated into our project but did not get to actually use was the police radio. While in the back of the police car, the officer turned on his computer and used his radio to make the scenario seem more realistic.
     When we arrived at the editing stage of the project, I was more familiar with Windows Live Movie Maker. We began editing the film through this program until we arrived at some road blocks. Through Windows Live Movie Maker, we were able to trim videos down and place them at points where we wanted them to be played. Also, through this program we used transitions to display the difference in time. After we couldn't do anything else with the program, my partner and I had to watch some YouTube videos to understand how to use Adobe Premiere Pro. Through this program we were able to make the audio sound a little clear, added a filter that adjusted the lighting that made the scenes more dramatic, and added the credits that played typewriter style throughout.
    Finally, when the film was complete, we used YouTube to upload our video for others to see and give feedback.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment