Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Why the film task would be a wise choice for me, and why it wouldn't.

         There are hardly any reasons I can think of for why the film task would not be a wise choice for me. If I had to come up with a reason though, it would be that I have experienced more practice in photography and writing than in filming. Already having prior practice would make the magazine task easier for me in the end rather than having to learn the techniques of filming along the way of actually producing the film. Plus, having more skill with the magazine task would produce a better product to present to Cambridge, which would most likely reward me with a higher score than I would receive on the film task. 

         On the other hand, it would definitely be more beneficial for me to take on a more challenging task and actually learn something from it. Like I have mentioned before, I'm planning on majoring in cinematography at Palm Beach Atlantic University. Not only would I learn filming techniques by taking on the film task, which would cause me to be ahead of the game when I go off to college, I would also learn how to handle problems that would regularly occur in the film-making process. Additionally, becoming familiar with filming terms and possibly mastering them is important for being prepared in the cinematography classes I would be attending. Sometimes going with the harder task that is a real challenge is the wisest choice in the long run. Overall, I think the benefits of taking on the film task out way the negatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment